The centerpieces for tomorrow’s holiday party are to be placed on linens of grey, silver and blue. Who says Christmas flowers need to be red and green?
Red and green are the traditional Christmas colors. But a sparkling holiday display can be so much more! Be sure to consider other hues when decorating your home, or giving floral gifts:
- Flowers in chartreuse green shades blend beautifully with deep reds
- Try combining pinks with winter evergreen foliage. Light pink is fun with silver touches. For drama, combine deep pinks with red-orange.
- Red and burgundy create a warm, sophisticated look. Accent any shade of red with gold or bronze.
- Create a vision of a winter wonderland with an arrangement of all white flowers. Accent with your blooms with silver or burnished gold. Add a touch of chartreuse with green hypericum berries.
- Combine flowers in shades of ivory, mellow gold and cream. Pearl garlands and jewels give these colors a romantic flair.
- Make a bold, contemporary statement; Mix bright citrus colors of orange and lime green with hot pinks and teal shades.
If in doubt, ask our floral designers for advice on flower color combinations for a vibrant holiday display.
With thanks to the Society of American Florists for their floral tips!