Red and green are the traditional Christmas colors. But a sparkling holiday display can be so much more! Be sure to consider other hues when decorating your home, or giving floral gifts:
- Flowers in chartreuse green shades blend beautifully with deep reds
- Try combining pinks with winter evergreen foliage. Light pink is fun with silver touches. For drama, combine deep pinks with red-orange.
- Red and burgundy create a warm, sophisticated look. Accent any shade of red with gold or bronze.
- Create a vision of a winter wonderland with an arrangement of all white flowers. Accent with your blooms with silver or burnished gold. Add a touch of chartreuse with green hypericum berries.
- Combine flowers in shades of ivory, mellow gold and cream. Pearl garlands and jewels give these colors a romantic flair.
- Make a bold, contemporary statement; Mix bright citrus colors of orange and lime green with hot pinks and teal shades.
If in doubt, ask our floral designers for advice on flower color combinations for a vibrant holiday display.
With thanks to the Society of American Florists for their floral tips!