Nothing heralds the hope and joy of the Easter season than the traditional Easter lily plant! These fragrant beauties are wonderful gifts to give, and to receive.
Call us or order online to have a lily plant delivered, or stop by the store to pick one up. For lasting enjoyment, pick lily plants with healthy dark green leaves and flowers that are both open and in bud.
It’s easy to care for your Easter lily:
- Remove yellow anthers as flowers open to prevent staining
- Keep in moderately cool temperatures
- Keep in bright, indirect sunlight
- Avoid drafts, heat and dry air
- Keep the soil moist and, well-drained, but never let the plant sit in water
After the Easter lily blooms, plant it outdoors in a sunny location 6 inches deep in rich, well-drained soil. You will have lilies blooming around mid-June, year after year.
Attention cat lovers: According to the National Animal Poison Control Center, certain types of lilies can cause renal failure in cats that have ingested any part of the lily. Keep lilies out of the reach of cats. Lilies do not pose a problem for other pets or humans.
With thanks to the Society of American florists, for their plant care tips!